By Steven M. Gursten, attorney and President of Michigan Auto Law
After a crash, you may be overwhelmed by emotions. You may have been injured and have to deal with medical bills. You might be worried about being able to afford your next meal. This can be a very difficult time for you and your family.
On top of all that, it is important to remember there may be serious consequences for failing to seek legal representation, which is why you need a lawyer for a car accident.
Is A Lawyer Necessary?
If you are involved in a crash, you may have suffered serious injuries that require medical care, rehabilitation, and even surgery. These expenses could be substantial, and your insurance company may try to deny them or offer only partial coverage. A lawyer will fight for you so the responsible insurance company pays out all the money owed to compensate for your injuries.
How Can an Attorney Help?
An attorney can help you recover damages. They can help with the paperwork, and they can also help you with your insurance company. An attorney will be able to handle all of this for you so that you don’t need to worry about it yourself.
An attorney can also help insurance companies pay your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering after a crash.
What to Expect From an Attorney
An attorney can help you understand the law, what insurance companies are looking for, and how to file a claim. An attorney has experience with this process and knows what to expect from the other side of your case. An experienced attorney can tell you if there is enough evidence in your chance to get it settled quickly or if it needs more time before going to trial.
What Happens If You Don’t Get a Lawyer?
If you’re in a crash and don’t have a lawyer, several things could happen:
● You may lose your case. If the insurance company decides to settle with you and offers you less than what you think is fair, it’s up to them whether or not they offer any more money. They might even decide not to pay anything at all!
● You may not get the compensation or medical treatment necessary for your injuries and recovery process. If this happens, there will be long-term consequences for your body, mind, and wallet because of missed opportunities for recovery from accidents caused by another’s negligence (or yours).
Will You Lose Your Case Without a Lawyer?
Do you need a lawyer to represent you in the event of a crash? The answer is no, but it’s not because attorneys are overpriced or unnecessary. Having an attorney on your side can help ensure that all your rights are protected and that any issues arising from the accident are resolved quickly and fairly.
If you do decide to hire legal representation after an auto accident:
● An attorney will ensure that every aspect of it is handled properly so that you can receive fair compensation for medical bills or property damage caused by another driver’s negligence. Your lawyer will also fight for compensation for pain and suffering.
● Your chances of winning are much better with representation than without one.
How Will You Know the Law Without a Lawyer?
● You might not know what you are entitled to
● You might not know what evidence is needed
● You might not know how to gather evidence and present it in court, if necessary
Speaking With An Attorney Can Help You Make Informed Decisions.
The first thing to do after a crash is talk to an attorney. Don’t make any decisions without talking to one because you may be surprised by what an attorney can do for you.
● Don’t assume that you don’t need a lawyer. The truth may surprise you: Insurance companies often try hard not only not to pay claims but also reduce them as much as possible so they can keep more money in profits and shareholders’ pockets instead of paying out claims like they should be doing, according to state laws and regulations (which require them). It’s easy for people who have never been in a crash before to think that their insurance company will take care of them, but it doesn’t always work out this way. It’s easy for people who have never been in a crash before to think that their insurance company will take care of them, but it doesn’t always work out this way. It’s easy for people who have never been in a crash before to think that their insurance company will take care of them, but it doesn’t always work out this way.
● Don’t assume that your insurance company will treat everyone fairly or equally when deciding how much money should be paid based on who was at fault for causing injuries during an accident where both parties were driving cars owned by different companies.
So, is hiring a car accident attorney after a crash beneficial? The answer is yes. You don’t want to be left without help regarding your case! You don’t want to be left without help when it comes to your case! Understanding your rights in this situation and how to protect them is important.