The postdoc researcher is anticipated to focus on factors of convergence/divergence between the policies of interpretation of CIL and people of treaties and of unilateral acts. It will offer answers as to what the similarities and the differences are in both the character and the content material of those guidelines and inquire into the motives which can provide an explanation for those factors of convergence/divergence. Furthermore, it’s going to have a look at the points of convergence/divergence between these regulations now not only as they stand now, however as they’ve developed through the passage of time. The quit result might be to create a matrix and a manual committed to those troubles.
The researcher is anticipated to correctly adopt studies at the challenge, submit and edit books and articles, attend, found in, and arrange meetings and workshops, help the Principal Investigator with daily supervisory obligations referring to the project and adopt some coaching duties relevant to the mission. The researcher will also be predicted to participate actively in the Department of Transboundary Legal Studies, a energetic legal multidisciplinary branch that includes global regulation and prison principle.
• PhD (or being inside the final segment of filing a PhD thesis)
• first rate marks in and knowledge of Public International Law
• interest in and affinity with criminal medical studies and in particular international prison concept and dispute settlement
• a historical past in prison practice and/or guides in international regulation would be an advantage
• internships at worldwide courts and tribunals might be a bonus
• fantastic know-how of English (written and oral); splendid or operating understanding of German, French and/or other languages could be an advantage
• wonderful communication and reporting competencies, also in relation to non-felony scholars
• demonstrable competences: making plans and organizing, conceptual capability, presenting, monitoring, flexibility, independence, analytical capabilities
• willingness to co-supervise PhD students
• capacity to paintings each personally and as part of a group.
We provide you according with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary of € 3,637 gross in step with month inside the first year (profits scale eleven, start position step zero, as much as a most of € 3,895 gross in line with month (earnings scale 11, step 2)
• a full-time position (1.Zero FTE)
• a holiday allowance of eight% gross annual income
• an eight.Three% cease-of-the-yr allowance
• a temporary position of 365 days with the option of as much as a 2½ year extension (as much as 3½ years in overall), conditional on enough development inside the first year. The general length of the submit-doc position is 3½ years (42 months). You will to start with be appointed for a duration of one year (365 days). After nine months, a formal performance evaluation will take vicinity. If the performance assessment is wonderful, the agreement can be prolonged as much as the last duration of 3½ years.
Researchers from outdoor The Netherlands can also qualify for favourable tax agreements.
The faculty gives the opportunity to attend international conferences and to take part in workshops and seminars. The research venture also has its personal funds for tour and lodging.
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your utility should include:
• a cover letter
• curriculum vitae
• a scanned version of your PhD degree, or a letter attesting to the reality which you are inside the final degrees crowning glory of your PhD
• a list of grades out of your grasp’s diploma (and list of courses if relevant) and the names and get in touch with info of two referees, who can be contacted
• a writing pattern of up to 10.000 phrases, which include footnotes (on a subject related to the TRICI-Law venture).
You can put up your application until 15 August eleven:59pm / earlier than 16 August 2019 Dutch neighborhood time (CET) by the utility shape (click on “Apply” under at the commercial on the university website).
In the header of all of those files you ought to point out the emptiness variety.
Depending on the applications, quick-listed candidates can be invited for an interview for you to take vicinity at some point of the cease of August 2019. In such a case, it’ll also be feasible to interview remotely.
The starting date of the placement is 1 October 2019, or as quickly as feasible thereafter.
We are an equal opportunity organization and value range at our University. We are committed to constructing a diverse faculty so you are endorsed to use. Our choice method follows the recommendations of the Recruitment code (NVP), and European Commission’s European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers.